Participant Terms and Conditions________________________________________
By registering in Cliff Side Fun Run, all participants:
1. Acknowledge I am 18 years or older, or that I am the parent/legal guardian of the competitor who will be participating in Cliff Side Fun Run (CS Fun Run), who is under the age of 18 years, and I have read this document and fully understand it. As a parent or legal guardian, I agree to these terms and conditions for and on behalf of the Participant. In consideration of the CS Fun Run Organisers accepting the competitor’s application to participate in the CS Fun Run, they have the authority and do grant an indemnity to the CS Fun Run Organiser on behalf of each individual competitor.
The participant agrees that these terms and conditions are subject to change from time to time at the discretion of Cliff Side Fun Run Organisers and without notice to the Participant.
2. The participant agrees that these terms and conditions are subject to change from time to time at the discretion of Cliff Side Fun Run Organisers and without notice to the Participant.
3. Acknowledge that by submitting an entry application form and participating in the CS Fun Run (the 3 km Run/Walk, 10 km Run/Walk), they are aware that the event may involve real risks including but not limited to serious injury or even death from various causes including over exertion, dehydration and accidents with other participants, spectators or road users. Participants voluntarily assume all risks associated with their entry application and participation in the CS Fun Run or any activity associated with it. Participants consent to receiving any medical treatment the CS Fun Run Organiser considers necessary during or after the CS Fun Run.
4. Acknowledge in consideration of and as a condition of acceptance of their entry in the CS Fun Run for participants, their executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors and assigns, release the CS Fun Run Organiser, its officers, its agents, affiliates, employees, members, volunteers, sponsors, promoters and any person or other body directly or indirectly associated with the CS Fun Run, from all claims, demands and proceedings arising out of or in connection with their participation in the CS Fun Run and they indemnify them against all liability (including acts of negligence to the fullest extent permitted by law) whatsoever and howsoever caused arising as a result of or in connection with my participation in the CS Fun Run including any loss whatsoever of personal property or otherwise.
5. Will abide by the CS Fun Run rules and guidelines, as varied from time to time and will abide by directions given by CS Fun Run officials, including following the approved course; and accept the CS Fun Run Organiser has discretion to accept or decline an entry on whatever grounds.
6. Acknowledge that the entry fee paid (for participants or another person) in relation to the CS Fun Run may entitle them (or that other person) to the opportunity to participate in the CS Fun Run on Sunday 9th of April 2017, and to receive any entitlements upon completion of the CS Fun Run.A credit card surcharge reflecting our actual costs of offering payment by credit card will be added to Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Diners Card payments.
7. Acknowledge that they are not (and no other person is) entitled to a refund or credit of any nature in relation to the entry fee(s) paid (for themselves or another person), for any reason whatsoever, or in any circumstances, unless and to the extent that the CS Fun Run Organiser is required to provide a refund or payment at law.
8. Acknowledge that the CS Fun Run may be cancelled due to the extremes of weather or other such unforeseen event where an unacceptable risk exists to the safety of competitors, volunteers and/or the Organisers of the event. The decision to cancel the event rests with Cliff Side Fun Run Organiser. Prepaid competitor registration fees will be held in by the Organiser as credit for entry into the event in the following year. In the event that the CS Fun Run is cancelled in the following year, Cliff Side will hold the discretion whether or not to issue a refund.
9. Acknowledge that the CS Fun Run Organiser is entitled to deduct administrative, legal, operational and other costs from any amount (if any) participants would be entitled to receive by way of refund (if payable at law).
10. Accept that the CS Fun Run Organiser may at their absolute discretion, limit the number of entries in the CS Fun Run for risk management purposes. Should an entry be received and rejected after an introduced limit has been reached, entrants shall be entitled to a full refund of entry fees only and have no other claims.
11. Acknowledge that the official race results will be decided by use of an electronic timing system and that this system is provided by a third-party contractor. The Cliff Side Fun Run Organiser accept no responsibility for any failures of the electronic timing system.
12. Acknowledge that if I they are entering people other than themselves, they must ensure the registrant is notified and fully understand these and all other entry conditions contained within the entry process.
13. Consent to their details being disclosed to parties necessary in the conduct of the CS Fun Run.
14. Consent to the publication and/or use in any form of media whatsoever of their name, image, voice, results, statements or otherwise, without payment or compensation and agree that agree they will reasonably expect to receive marketing material, such as SMS, e-news and entry forms, from Cliff Side or sponsors of Cliff Side Fun Run. Should they wish to be excluded from the marketing list, please notify us in writing to: Cliff Side Fun Run, 2/3 Apollo St Warriewood 2102.
15. Photos taken by contracted companiesof Cliff Side Fun Run may be used for marketing and advertising purposes in future years.
16. The Organiser for the Cliff Side Fun Run isAVAAL Group Pty Ltd and via AVAAL4Life Foundation. Registered office: 2 /3 Apollo St, Warriewood, NSW 2102. +61 2 8919 2125